Surgiris has designed the DERMARIS, an innovative & intelligent dermatological lighting with the exclusive patented MOTIONMATIC technology, to treat Actinic Keratosis (AK) using Photodynamic Therapy (PDT). Our DERMARIS light ensures the painless and effective treatment of AK with positive results.
In addition, the DERMARIS is the essential light for dermatologists around the world to treat their patients.
Ergonomic & handy, our DERMARIS dermatological lighting offers many advantages :
- Ease of use : the lighting is compact and space-saving, making it easy to set up the patient (less than 2 minutes). The dome is easy to switch off as it only needs to be tilted upwards to switch it off
- Unequalled patient comfort : the treatment is silent
- Long-term use : over 30,000 treatments possible with a treatment time of 2 hours
- Durable lighting : the DERMARIS offers a lifetime of 60,000 hours and the possibility of using it as an examination light.
♦ What is Actinic Keratosis ?
Actinic Keratosis is one of the main reasons for consulting dermatologists. This skin lesion results in a red, crusty and rough to the touch lesion. It is the source of chronic and intense sun exposure that can develop into skin cancer.
♦ How is Actinic Keratosis treated ?
Photodynamic therapy is used to treat Actinic Keratosis. The treatment consists of applying a cream to the area to be treated, which allows the creation of the photosensitiser : protoporphyrin IX (PpIX). Exposure to white light begins between 5 and 10 minutes after the application of the cream. Furthermore, white light is more effective than red & blue light because it excites all the absorption peaks of PpIX.
♦ What is photodynamic therapy ?
Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a medical technique aimed at destroying pre-cancerous tissue through the use of photosensitising substances combined with a light source.
DERMARIS has been used in numerous clinical studies on 38 patients, with results demonstrating its effectiveness in the treatment of Actinic Keratosis:
- 58% of patients were free of AK lesions 3 months after treatment
- 32% of patients required a second AWL-PDT treatment
- 10% of patients had one to four KA lesions after 2 treatments
- 33 of 38 patients (87%) were pain free during treatment
- 5 patients (13%) rated their pain level as 1 on a scale of 10
- 34% of patients reported no discomfort
- 63% of patients reported mild discomfort
If you are interested in our dermatological lighting, we invite you to consult the product page dedicated to DERMARIS or to contact us directly via the contact form.